Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> in short, there is a xml:id registry and some abstract base classes in
>> sfx2, and a interface com.sun.star.rdf.XMetadatatable for entities that
>> may have xml:id.
>
> Unfortunately, this existing API is indeed coupled with meta data. I
> don't need this for meta data: I just discovered that the original
> implementation of our XForms support used non-unique xml:ids for the
> various objects (models, instances, bindings). Fixing this requires some
> document-wide xml:id-pool, but the existing meta data API talks about
> ODF and RDF and, well, meta data ... nothing I have.

no, the interface XMetadatable by itself actually only has an attribute
for the xml:id of the entity. actually, the attribute used to be called
XmlId, but then i renamed it to MetadataReference, because someone said
they found that more inuitive or something.

it is the other way around: the css.rdf API uses the XMetadatable interface.
so if you implement the xml:id and the XMetadatable interface, you can use
the rest of the css.rdf api with your object for free :)

> So, I should create a separate interface for creating and revoking such
> IDs at the document, and the meta data implementation should be adjusted
> to use this pool when creating new IDs. Something like this.

this already exists, and it currently requires that you derive your
objects that have xml:id from ::sfx2::Metadatable.

> Ciao
> Frank

 and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken