Rafelito Comendador wrote:

> Hi,
>       I browsed thru your website and found out about this SDK thing, I
> would like to inquire about my issue with open office documents.
> heres the scenario, I have an ASP.NET / VB 2.0  web application, wherein i
> have file attachments in Open Office writer formats.
>
>       The idea is when a selected attachment is opened from the website,
> it will be opened via internet explorer and not by open office itself to
> elliminate
> the save, save as, export to PDF , print and copy, and the  open offices
> toolbar should be invisible and the document readonly.
>
>       However, eventhough i have set the newly opened windows style
> properties to hide all toolbars and menubars, open offices toolbar is very
> much present.
> the Save , export to PDF , print , mouse right click and select all text
> are possible which are supposed to be all hidden and not active.  I think
> IE is just executing
> the open office application thru it.
>
>       Is there a way that I can do this scenario via IE.  I have thought of
> making a webcontrol that will open the document inside IE but unfortunately
> i cant find any .net control
> or API to call that will serve the purpose, are there any in the first
> place?
>
>       ex,
>                      var style = "style:
> toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no," +
>                             "status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes," +
>                             "resizable=yes,copyhistory=no";
>                      window.open( "c:\myDoc.odt",'', style);

OOo comes with an ActiveX Control that can be used to open documents in
an OOo window that is embedded in the IE Window. I'm not sure if you are
using it. This window still has a toolbar, but by providing a
configuration setting in the installed OOo application you can configure
it to hide this toolbar.

Ciao,

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".