On 09/07/09 18:59, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2009/9/7 Steffen Grund <steffen.gr...@sun.com>:
I was just wondering: createCursor() creates a cursor containing the whole
sheet, which could be slow when you have a big sheet.

I guess it depends on how it is doing that. Maybe it is only setting a
bunch of pointers rather than reading and copying information from the
spreadsheet, but seriously I don't have a clue. I actually downloaded
the source code for OpenOffice.org once, and I was going to find out
how parts of it is done, but it was too heavy so I gave up after a
short while…

As long as no contents or cell attributes are read from the object, having a cursor for the whole sheet isn't a problem.

Not directly related, but perhaps worth mentioning: If you use gotoEndOfUsedArea together with lockControllers (XModel interface), you might run across issue 105279. The work-around then is to unlock controllers temporarily.

Niklas