To save out the code (of modified and installed extension) it was very comfortable.
It rendered easyr the development and the improvement of Extension
(The extension are not gadget blocked and frozen... )
The absence of this possibility introduces an ulterior element of difficulty.

Like workaround I use some scripts.sh (tks to Paolo Mantovani), but in one year I have accumulated many errors and consequently lost several days of job.

For my way to work the simple clik > and "save as" "Temp_021.oxt" in OOo GUI it worked too well... and I am very disappointed for its elimination.

Sorry for the vent e for my bad english.

regards

Bart