Madhur Kashyap wrote:

> Mathias and Irne
>
> Thanks for your responses. The home folder concept is useful for setting a
> current working directory (linux).
>
> Although my purpose was little different. I found that help in Andrew
> Pitonyak's quick reference.
>
> OO Basic supports an API getPathSeparator() which returns "/" or "\"
> depending upon what OS is used. So, my purpose has been temporarily solved.

That's completely unnecessary if you use URLs instead of path names. As
most API calls in OOo use URLs anyway you also save your don't need to
convert your file names when you want to use them in API calls.

The biggest problem still is "sRootDir". You have to know this and so
your idea to write OS agnostic code is only possible with using a "root
dir" that is accessible through one of OOo's path variable, like e.g.
the HOME folder. If you are not able to identify the operating system
you are working on, how can you guess "sRootDir" in the correct
notation? OTOH, if you know "sRootDir", you also know at least if your
OS has a Windows type or a Unix type file name notation.

Regards,

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".