muddybeemer wrote:
Hello,

I have created an EditField control for a writer AddOn toolbar based on the
information in the wiki page:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Generic_UNO_Interfaces_for_complex_toolbar_controls

I have been able to send a ControlCommand using the control's
XStatusListener, and get control events using
XControlNotificationListener.controlEvent method, all according to the
documentation.  The control works as expected - I can set the text, and get
the edited text, and know if the control is activated by hitting "enter".

I would like to know if the user presses "esc" key while editing the
EditField.  I have searched for a way to attach a key event listener to the
control, but no luck.  Can you point me in the right direction?  For
instance, can I get an XWindow or XController interface for the control?
Hi Toby,

I am sorry but there is no way to get a reference to the control. Fortunately the complex toolbar controls feature is very flexible and can be enhanced easily. Therefore if you need a key listener please write a request for an enhancement and set the owner to me (cd).

Regards,
Carsten