In the meantime I checked the impress document, whether it has the
optional DocumentSetting named "IsPrintHandout", which it has not.

Here's a list of available properties on the impress component,
iterating over xProps.getPropertySetInfo().getProperties():

    TabStop: [1250]
    BuildId: [320$9502]
    RuntimeUID: [45]
    MapUnit: [0]
    CharLocale: [com.sun.star.lang.loc...@b1c5fa]
    BasicLibraries: [com.sun.star.uno....@efd552]
    ForbiddenCharacters: [com.sun.star.uno....@1abab88]
    AutomaticControlFocus: [0]
    ApplyFormDesignMode: [0]
    VisibleArea: [com.sun.star.awt.rectan...@18a7efd]
    DialogLibraries: [com.sun.star.uno....@1971afc]
    HasValidSignatures: [0]

So supplying the property value "IsPrintHandout" to the
loadComponentFromURL() won't be honored, but also does not throw an
exception.

Again, trying to programmatically print a presentation as a handout with
two slides per handout page.

---rony