Hi David,

On 07.12.2010 12:24, David Roe wrote:
I have some Excel spreadsheets that contain files embedded as OLE packages
(Insert->Object-> From file). I want to retrieve the data for those files.
I've managed to use the API to retrieve the Shape object and get at the OLE
data but I don't fancy writing my own OLE reading code. Is there an API to
get at the data inside? I saw css.embed.OLESimpleStorage but I can't seem to
get anywhere with that. My code so far is (in Python):

         # ... setting up of OOo ...

         sheet = doc.Sheets.getByName('Sheet1')
         draw_page = sheet.DrawPage

         shape = draw_page.getByIndex(0)

         # CLSID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 is a file??
         print 'CLSID:', shape.CLSID

         obj = shape.EmbeddedObject

         # Create a "storage" object to hold the data from our embedded
object
         storage_factory =
service_manager.createInstance('com.sun.star.embed.StorageFactory')
         storage = storage_factory.createInstance()

         # Store the data into the "Something" entry of our storage object
         obj.storeToEntry(storage, 'Something', (), ())

         str_elem = storage.openStreamElement('Something', ElementModes.READ)
         stream = str_elem.getInputStream()

         sfa =
service_manager.createInstance('com.sun.star.ucb.SimpleFileAccess')
         sfa.writeFile(file_url('test.txt'), stream)

Thanks,
David Roe

As you are asking here, this code obviously doesn't work. Can you tell us where something goes wrong?

Regards,

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".