Hi there,

firstly, I reported the wrong version of OOo, it is 3.2.1 (build #
9502), Windows XP, SP3.

Compiling and running the example Java program at
<http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/menus_toolbars/createMenuAndToolbar.java>
also yields the reported error. Here is the stack trace:

    com.sun.star.io.IOException:
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.remoteUnoRequestRaisedException(Job.java:177)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.execute(Job.java:143)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:335)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:304)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JavaThreadPool.enter(JavaThreadPool.java:91)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.java_remote_bridge.sendRequest(java_remote_bridge.java:639)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.request(ProxyFactory.java:151)
            at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.invoke(ProxyFactory.java:133)
            at $Proxy12.store(Unknown Source)
            at
createMenuAndToolbar.createNewTopLevelMenu(createMenuAndToolbar.java:225)
            at createMenuAndToolbar.main(createMenuAndToolbar.java:72)

Maybe this is a known bug that was fixed with 3.3? However, I cannot
find anything related to this in the OOo bugzilla.

Any ideas, hints ?

---rony