I'll do so for everyone's benefit.  MS won't cooperate with building a .dll from
nothing but a .lib ... that is, unless you pass it an .obj file, any .obj file,
even an empty one.

Absurd, but that's what we have.

I'm actually contemplating building both the .lib and .dll as two full compiles.
The benefit, when called for, is that users of the .lib won't have dangling
exported symbols.  I refused so far because we have two file lists to maintain.
I'm thinking about a system to auto-generate the entire .dsp as appropriate,
meaning we don't lug around extra cruft.

If we build the .lib and .dll forms as seperate, full compiles, then this issue
of the nothing file goes away.