>    OK, make on Darwin finishes without errors.  I get these libraries:
>
> [joliet-jake:~/Developer/Apache/apr] wsanchez% find . -name \*.dylib -o
> -name \*.a
> ./.libs/libapr.a
> ./.libs/libapr.dylib
> ./shmem/unix/mm/.libs/libmm.a
>
>    Do I want to work on getting libmm to build dynamically, or is it
> expected to be static?
>
>    (Do clients say "-lapr" or "-lapr -lmm"?  I'm hoping it's the former,
> in which case I'd expect libapr to link against libmm, which I'm not
> seeing...)

The problem is Libtool (like usual).  Libtool treats everything as a
shared library, so in APRVARS, we set LIBTOOL_LIBS to the libmm.la file,
and Apache uses LIBTOOL_LIBS to find and link against other libtool
libraries.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131