Ben Collins-Sussman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all -- I'm getting some weird disk slowdowns on FreeBSD 4.2.

Did you by chance look at an strace/truss of your APR app on Linux and
FreeBSD to see what APR is doing on your file?

Are you using buffered APR file support?

> I think we need to investigate APR and see where the "portability" has
> gone astray... what system interfaces changed in FreeBSD 4.2 that so
> dislike APR's file routines?  Anyone have ideas?

There really isn't much code to look at for file I/O.  But first I
think you might want to look at a syscall trace and see if we're doing
the right thing.

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...