> You miss my point.  We at _least_ need to return a "Windows Acceptable Pipe
> Name", instead
> of some /PIPE/pluming style name.

it is *important* that NT-style conventions are followed.

the 'guiding light' *must* be the NT functions.

i know that most of you may find this difficult to accept that
microsoft may be able to develop an API that's really useful,
and may feel 'tempted' to 'do better' by imposing 'unixy
style' conventions.

please don't.

pick the NT functions that are needed, then *make* the apr/unix/xxx.[ch]
functions do *exactly* the same job [and i will quite happily
write that code, btw: i already have most of the components needed
to do it].

you may be used to doing this the other way round: making NT do
what unix does.

please don't.

and if that means creating files like /tmp/.apr-socket/\PIPE\samr with
backslashes in them and i _know_ this _is_ possible to do on unix,
and i _know_ that there are no problems with doing so because winbindd
does it [i have a directory /home/DOMAIN\administrator on my linux
hard disk and even an entry in /etc/passwd to match it] then so be it.

luke