[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>     BTW, the threaded MPM isn't starting up enough child
>   processes (only 1).  StartServers is 3 - is the count of 3 supposed to
>   include the parent and the unixd child?

no, StartServers and the other process related directives don't include
the parent or our friends the OtherChildren (including unixd).  Last
time I tried it, threaded was starting exactly what I asked for
initially, then very quickly perform_idle_server_maintenance was killing
off processes to get down to the MaxThreads limit.  If I did a ps
quickly enough, I could see defunct processes.  Could that be what's
happening for you?

Greg