On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:37:33PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> > yeah, well it seems to me that this would be a really smart
> > thing to do _anyway_.
> >
> > throw an assert if someone tries to register the same
> > 'object' twice, not just a child-sms.
> >
> > is that possible?
>
> Possible, yes :)

mmm.... i don't like the sound of that.  possible, yes.
[terry pratchett readers will be familiar with this]
hm, sounds like you're a dwarf who's just been asked to
Botch an engineering job and Get It Done By Wednesday...

...what's the catch? :)

> > if you have a file object, how can you check it's not the same?
> >
> > .... by using the cleanup function's address _and_ the void*
> > as the 'key'?
> >
> > does that work?
>
> Yes (but you need to add the type too). That is how the matching
> works in sms cleanups already. We just don't do a check for
> uniqueness in the registration function yet.

okay, okay: forgot about that.  yep!

> > .... about the only exception is the null cleanup [is that used
> > in sms?]
>
> We don't have a null cleanup in sms.  It is not needed here.
> Although I have come across a situation which could screw up
> the entire idea behind the sms cleanups.  It was in http_log.c
> I believe... :( [I'll expand on that later]

separate subject?

lukes