On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:47:13PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > jerenkrantz    01/08/01 13:47:13
> >
> >   Modified:    .        .cvsignore CHANGES configure.in
> >                build    apu-conf.m4
> >   Added:       .        buildconf
> >                xml/expat buildconf
> >   Removed:     .        buildconf.sh
> >                xml/expat buildconf.sh
> >   - Removes libtool generation in apr-util.  rbb's recent commit made it so
> >     that we would use APR's libtool, but he didn't remove the generation of
> >     it.  Expat still generates a libtool, but I may remove it from there
> >     (but I am leery of branching too much from the official Expat version).
>
> Changing the name of that file will make it much more difficult to apply
> fixes back and forth between the two. Tossing libtool might not be too bad,
> but it does seem like a marginal optimization -- it will only be used when
> somebody doesn't have an expat on their system.

Yeah... I'm -0.5 for changing stuff like that in Expat.  Don't get me
wrong... ++1 for changing it in apr-util itself.  =-)

BTW - The spiffy cool way to do file renames and get history preserved is
as follows:

(1) copy the ,v file to its new name
(2) move the old ,v file to the Attic
(3) remove all tags from the new ,v file

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Charlottesville, VA