Marc was right about the multi-language thing...  Howvere, here are some
more results to ponder..

Did a profile run of 1000 and 2000 against a new copy of index.html.en in a
seperate directory and renamed to simply index.html.  Both runs used a
single process and a single thread...

Results are for top 50 calls by time spent (not shown) showing how often
they were called during the 1000 requests difference between the 1st and 2nd
runs, hopefully removing the setup calls, and also how often they were
called per request!

Do we really need to call apr_pcalloc 27 times and apr_palloc 86 (113 - 27)
times to server a simple 1400 byte file?  I'll have to look at why we call
apr_os_thread_current so often butthat doesn't look right for just 4 calls
to apr_lock_acquire and apr_lock_release does it?

BTW, if this is more use on new-httpd then please post it there as I won't
be checking my email very often for a few weeks :)

david

- apr_poll 1000 1
- apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout 1000 1
- apr_stat 1000 1