--- Christian Gross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>APR is not locked into specific models.  It could be added on.
>(But others may correct me if I am wrong).  That is part of the
>difference with APR and NSPR.  APR can easily be "fixed" whereas
NSPR
>has problems with this.

An extensible architecture is always a plus.

>>Cool. Thing is, I'm toying with the idea of writing an OO DBMS. So
>>scalability and high performance are extremely important. Oracle
>>uses a portable runtime, btw, there's is called VOS (Virtual OS).
>I would REALLY recommend APR!!!  APR is simply better suited for
>that.  Right now I am writing a JavaScript 2.0 implementation for
>JSModeler and APR saves my bacon!!!

Decisions decisions :)
Ok, you say APR is better suited.. but why? ACE looks like its been
really thoroughly tested. On the other hand, all the ACE docs talk
about networking a LOT. It seems as though the emphasis is on
networking... and I don't know if there's much work done on things
like disk IO.

- Jason