On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:50:43PM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:41:12 -0500 (EST), Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> >Weird... I'm guessing you don't have problems with the other
> >usages of ${}... $3 should be special enough not to require.
> >I'll back this out since shells that *don't* support it
> >are more broken :)
>
> Thanks (wow, that was quick :)
> Isn't it an M4 expansion that's going on here though? The $3 represents the
> third parameter to the APR_PATH_RELATIVE M4 macro, not to the shell script.

Yup.

I think we need more info on the original report to figure out what was
going on, and to find a good way to solve it. We might need an temporary
shell variable to hold some of the $3 output.

Another change might be to not use '#' for the sed regex terminators. Use
something like ','.

Cheers,
-g

--