Greg Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> The Windows UUIDs are a helluva better than ours in terms of uniqueness. We
> compensate, but Windows does a much better job.
>
> Because we have a #ifdef for Windows, we keep the UUID code within APR.
>
> Truthfully, I'm beginning to think it would be best to just move all the
> crap over to apr-util and have one little #ifdef in the uuid code.

Or if we find that really unclean, then abstract one key portion of
the uuid code and keep it in APR, but put all the uuid interfaces
(wrappers around that key portion) into apr-util, which can depend on
apr for platform-specific stuff.

So then apr-util is the official provider of uuid functionality, but
depends on apr to implement it.

?

-K