On Fri, 3 May 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> [moving this to [EMAIL PROTECTED] where it belongs]
>

> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> > A couple of questions here ... I'm looking at the APR work that has been
> > done, specifically in relation to the shared memory on win32 work, with an
> > eye to making use of it to work towards a 'native' version of PgSQL
> > instead of having to run through Cygin ...
>
> Excellent!
>
> > Reading the license itself, use of that code shouldn't constitute a
> > problem, nor conflict with our BSD license ... unless I'm reading it
> > wrong, they are relatively complementary ... is this correct?
>
> That's correct.  Apache and BSD licenses are compatible.  We use code from
> FreeBSD in APR and Apache itself frequently, actually.
>
> > Assuming that I am correct, and that such use is/would be acceptable,
> > has anyone thought to pull it out of the apache dist and create a
> > libapr.tar.gz package, similar to the libapreq.tar.gz stuff I see on the
> > ftp site?
>
> For now you can download snapshot tarballs.  A release tarball will be
> available when APR reaches 1.0 (which probably isn't that many months
> off).

Ah, most cool ... Is there (will there be?) some sort of DLL that ppl can
download as well, instead of having to build it?  My goal over the next
several weeks (or less) is to have it so that if libapr is installed under
Unix, it will detect and build with its API, which is why I was wondering
about the tarballs ... be nice if similar could be done under Windows
itself :)

Thanks for the info so far though ... at least I know I'm not going down a
deadend path :)