On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 07:21:18PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> My question is this: why does APR's configure.in prefer /dev/random over
> /dev/urandom?  I think it should be the other way around:

IIRC, /dev/random is a "better" source of entropy than /dev/urandom
because /dev/random can block waiting for good enough bits gathered
from the system while /dev/urandom must always spit out something, so
its entropy isn't guaranteed to be as good.

If you want to switch it, fine by me though.  I bet Ben may chime
in here if I'm dead wrong.  -- justin