Ryan Bloom wrote:

Can we start this conversation over completely?

I think we just did that yesterday. :-)

Currently we are
arguing over names for a new type, but I don't think we actually know
the problem that we are trying to solve.

The problem is that don't have a consensus on whether to name the type based on an abstract of time or a specific implementation. I like the abstract naming approach, for example, while wrowe likes the implementation-specific name. apr_butime_t (for the absolute time) was one name that we both could agree on.

For the interval time, if apr_busec_t doesn't work, how about
apr_budelta_t or apr_budelta_time_t or apr_butime_delta_t?

--Brian