>On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> This patch comes up just a bit short.
>>
>> Because a user *may* choose to use the explicit value APR_ESYMNOTFOUND,
>> the test APR_STATUS_IS_ESYMNOTFOUND must always include it, as well
>> as any platform-specific values.
>
>What user?  The only thing that ever sets a value to ESYMNOTFOUND is APR
>itself.  On Windows, we don't use that value, so we don't test for it.

You've never used the construct;

    if (xxxcondition) {
        rv = APR_EFOO;
    }
    else {
        rv = apr_foo_fn(somefn);
    }

to express the fact that you are skipping a call?  If APR_EFOO is defined,
then APR_STATUS_IS_EFOO(APR_EFOO) must resolve to true.

Of course you could have simply #defined APR_EFOO as PLATFORM_RES
and therefore satisfied the requirement above and your desire to fix the test.