William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

At 12:15 PM 3/3/2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>

>>Why not tie this feature as a compile-time option, perhaps work it into
>>our --maintainer-mode builds. It doesn't help if APR releases are built
>>without any debugging information anyways.
>
>It is certainly easier if APR symbols are known, but it is possible otherwise (level of effort depends on the platform and tenacity of the debugger).

And totally beyond the comprehension of the casual user... that's a good
reason to add a flag to optionally enable this for most release builds, but
make it the default (and allow it to be disabled) for maintainer-mode builds ;-)

So the admin has to have configure just right and the app has to have the socket options just right? That isn't something I find reasonable.
(Not just because maintainer-mode builds are slower globally and this socket option is slower locally.)