--On Friday, June 4, 2004 8:12 AM -0500 "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now that proposal I like.  We will still need one flag, however, and I'd
suggest APR_LOCK_DEFAULT_NAMED, to insist to APR that it choose
a lockmech, appropriate to the platform, which will take the fname and
create a joinable mutex.  If this flag isn't passed, and no specific locking
mechansim is requested, APR is free to use any anonymous and therefore
unjoinable mechanism it prefers in apr_global_mutex_create().

Sounds reasonable to add a new apr_lockmech_e for this. -- justin