Joe Orton wrote:

I think the correct solution is to:

1) make the apr "make install" install those .awk files into the installbuilddir directory.

2) replace use of the `apr-config --srcdir` with `apr-config
--installbuilddir` in apr-util's configure & Makefile.

That's exactly it - thanks! I didn't know that --installbuilddir did what I wanted.

So the solution would be to remove the last references to apr's source directory from apr-util, and use --installbuilddir instead.

I will be busy tonight, but if nobody beats me to it I'll sort out apr-util tomorrow.

Regards,
Graham