David Reid wrote:

The main fooness is in apr_ldap_url.c. Can we not mark this code as deprecated in v1.0, which should hopefully warn alert coders that the code should not be used, and can be pointed out to coders who are asleep otherwise if they moan.

How much work is needed to fix it? What exactly is broken about it?

It needs an overhaul as it does some "wrong" things. Fixing it can wait till APR v1.1. In the meantime we can mark what's there as deprecated so as to not cause confusion.

Let's take the course of least action shall we?

Is this release creating a record for being the longest in history?

I'm away for most of the rest of the week. I had hoped to have RC5 rolled today, but guess that isn't going to happen now. *sigh*

I have added a note that the two offending LDAP source files (apr_ldap_compat and apr_ldap_url) are deprecated subject to an overhaul.

Quick - roll RC5!

Regards,
Graham