Ah, sorry, I was just experimenting with different options trying to get
"xlate" to convert Unicode correctly (do you know if APR can successfully
translate between UTF-16 and UTF-8?).

But yes, you're right, APR works fine when *my* code is compiled with
_UNICODE enabled, so there's no problem.

-david