--On Friday, October 8, 2004 4:31 PM +0100 Joe Orton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think comments would be much clearer because they'd remove the "huh?"
factor when you read the code for the first time without knowing what
the macro means.  But I don't care enough to go and revert the changes
and probably nobody else is paying attention so I guess let's give up
and go do something useful.

FWIW, I agree with Joe. The casts are evil in this particular case and serious consideration should be made to backing it out. We should just track it in STATUS instead... -- justin