It doesn't appear to but just so I know for sure:

Does APR offer any API's for making daemon/service processes portable across
Win32 and Unix?

Specifically, I'm looking for some code that'll take care of all the details
of:
- Forking off an unattached process
- Routing stdin/out/err to /dev/null
- Setting umask
- Trapping signals

I don't know much about service/daemon writing, and I'm looking for some
code to get me started, or hide the complexity from me.  If APR does that,
it'd be great.  If not, do you know of any libraries I should be looking at?

Alternatively, can you recommend any good resources for daemon/service
programming?  I'm reading random links online, but I always welcome
recommendations.

Thanks

-david