--On Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:29 PM -0500 Cliff Woolley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm sick of all talk and no action.  We tried this last year when we were
"almost" ready to branch APR 1.0 and all action on that front ceased
entirely for a YEAR.  This time it's one or the other.  I'll wait 24 hours
at most to hear opinions.  Whichever route gets the most support wins.

To be clear, I'm perfectly happy with merging to trunk in Allen's changes *once* completed and reviewed and moving trunk to 2.x if need be - but I want to be sure that we get the API perfect before we merge it into trunk. I expect that it's going to take a few iterations to get the API 64-bit clean and reviewed by everyone. So, I'd rather not disrupt everything else during the meantime.

This is about as clear cut a reason for a branch as I know. =) -- justin