Paul Querna wrote:
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Author: pquerna
Date: Tue Apr 12 11:38:21 2005
New Revision: 161087

Log:

Backport apr_reslist_timeout_set and apr_reslist_invalidate.

These functions have been in 1.x for a long time. I am personally using them in apr_memcache, and lacking apr_reslist_invalidate was the only reason I had to require APR 1.x.

Please do NOT change the API on released branches without discussion. They are RTC.

I believe that RTC is present on HTTPD 2.0.x.

I believe APR 0.9.x is under CTR.

Looking back at recent commits, 'apr_threadattr_stacksize_set' was added to 0.9.x in January. This was a back port from 1.x. I find no record of any voting.

This would of fit your criteria of an API change/addition on a released branch.

I am open to putting 0.9.x under RTC officially, but it does not seem this has been an enforced policy. (Hence, it has always seemed CTR to me).

The STATUS file in APR and APR-Util does not say 0.9.x is under RTC. The httpd STATUS file for 2.0.x does mention that changes must be voted on.

If APR and APR-Util in the 0.9.x branch should be under RTC, that is fine with me. I would prefer an official stance, and for that to be reflected in the STATUS files, rather than my commit getting picked out, when others have done CTR before.

-Paul

-Paul