On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Dan Johnson wrote:

> The problem is that I need to compile using MinGW under Cygwin, and
> MinGW doesn't provide any of the shared memory header files (shm.h,
> sys/mmap.h, sys/mman.h, etc.) so the test fails.
> A quick Google shows that a few other people have had this problem
> trying to build Subversion with MinGW but it doesn't look like anyone's
> resolved it. Does anyone know of a successful APR build with MinGW?

I feel like I remember a little discussion about this on this list at some
point in the past, but basically what I'd ask is, simply, why use Cygwin?
APR is by its nature designed to be its own portability layer -- you don't
need the added portability layer of cygwin stacked on top of it.  You can
build APR natively on win32 with no trouble at all; we distribute visual
studio projects with APR for this purpose.  The upshot is that you can
therefore build a native Subversion on win32 as well by using a native
APR, since it's APR's job to do all the interfacing with the operating
system.