John Vandenberg wrote:
On 8/4/05, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Nick,

As indicated in my post of a few weeks ago, I'd like to support typed
data in apr_dbd.  I posted a patch that would change (and break) the
API.  Since apr_dbd hasn't yet featured in a release version, there was
no absolute reason not to.

I am not familiar with the existing purpose behind the apr_dbd
interface, but it strikes me as odd that apr needs to incorporate a
complex DB abstraction layer; a simple string based layer, like libsdb
(lgpl), would suffice for most needs.

Also, if a complex layer is needed, what is the advantage of building
a new one for apr; could libdbi (libdbi) or sqlrelay be used instead?

All you mentioned is either LGPL or GPL, which are not acceptable for projects want to be using Apache or BSD-like license.

Another goal is to make sure portability and light. sqlrelay has additional dependency and not available for Windows.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,
Henry