From: Michael Vergoz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:48 AM
To: Daniel May
Subject: Re: cross-process, named mutex

hi,

it's little difficult to make a mutex global in Apache. in normal case you may
create a shared map with apr_mmap_create() ... and store the mutex in it with
apr_proc_mutex(). now you can used the apr global mutex api to do that with
apr_global_mutex_create(). you may have a look at the file
srclib/apr/locks/unix/global_mutex.c and at srclib/apr/test/testglobalmutex.c.

- michael