On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 10:33:13AM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> ... and above all, mod_ssl!

Ehrm, no - that doesn't follow from that - since mod_ssl doesn't require
a seperate backend.

> > and how about all dbm (except sdbm)
>
> sdbm exactly meets his requirement, yesno?

Yes. which is why I said except sdbm, since that is local.

> However, the issue in httpd is different, because we have a well-established
> mechanism for dealing with external and third-party modules.  That sounds
> more like when my offer of contributing mod_proxy_html to the core was
> declined due to the dependency on libxml2: it has flourished anyway:-)

My reason for responding was the comment that he would veto any single
line of apr_memcache going into httpd without a test _backend_ in
apr-util. You're talking about interfacing directly to external libs
from httpd, which is different (and not really a topic for [EMAIL PROTECTED])

vh

Mads Toftum