On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:40:30AM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> A while back there was a comment on this list that the ssl code should
> be "ripped out" before the next release. There was no additional
> information as to why, but that's OK.

It would be nice to get the reason for that. Having SSL support in apr
would imho be a nice extension to the general networking bits. Wrapping
SSL-C in the same lib might be good as well.

> Maybe it should be removed into a seperate module along the same lines
> as apr-iconv? Additionally we should look at what really needs to go
> into it. There are a few bits of code that I'd like to think about
> moving into a library with apr's platform independance, but the bloat
> that is apr-util no longer seems like the ideal landing site.
>
> So, thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Big +1 from the peanut gallery. I'd like to see support for both crypto
and ssl bits - perhaps abstracting away some of the more unpleasant bits
of the openssl api.

vh

Mads Toftum
--