On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Steve Comstock
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greg Ames wrote:

>> Where did you get your build tools, especially libtool?
>
> OK. I started from this page:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~trawick/apache-2-on-zos.html
>
> which is, admittedly, a little long in the tooth, but the
> only page I could find about porting Apache to z/OS. Note,
> for example, the page title does not say z/OS but OS/390.

Good.  That page is dated for sure, but it is the best place for you
to start.  We have had to do other build tweaks since that was written
to get httpd 2.2.x to build on z/OS, but they are minor relative to
what is takes for 2.0.x*.  I am currently in crunch mode with my day
job, but once that eases up I hope to do some 2.2.x updates.

In the mean time, why don't you download the latest httpd 2.0.x
tarball and see if you can build that starting with ./buildconf?  That
should get you familiar with the process and check out the toolchain.
Once we get you through a 2.0.x build, it won't be that bad to get
2.2.x built.

Greg

* 2.0.x - the big challenges here are autoconf and dealing with how
shared objects work differently on z/OS than on many other Unices.