On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:31 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Nick Kew wrote:
[crossposting because this httpd issue raises an APR issue]

Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:05 AM, <traw...@apache.org
<mailto:traw...@apache.org>> wrote:

   Author: trawick
   Date: Tue Jan  6 07:05:33 2009
   New Revision: 731965

   <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=731965&view=rev>
   Log:
   the length arguments are apr_size_t, not int

How is it apr_size_t?

I see the following in apr_want.h.  Neither definition uses
apr_size_t.  "man iovec" shows int on Solaris, size_t on
FreeBSD and Linux.  Never AFAICS an apr_size_t.

apr_want.h contains the following, which appears to leave open
the possibility of not having it at all.  Do we have a deeper bug
here that calls for an apr_iovec datatype matching the platform?

Yes, I think we need an apr_iov_len_t type.

+1