On Jan 6, 2009, at 12:50 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Daniel May <dan...@spryware.com> wrote:
I am looking for a 64-bit counterpart to apr_atomic_inc32(). Has this been implemented ?

I don't believe that we've guaranteed 64-bit atomics anywhere.  I'm
not sure how much underlying OS/architecture support there would
generically be for 64-bit atomics...   -- justin

Unless we do it with mutexes... ugly. But we do have places
in the code where the lack of 64bit "atomics" are a concern...

PS: Am I the only one who, when I see "atomics" think of Patrick
    Stewart in the old Dune movie screaming: "Atomics!" ??