On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>wrote:

In the case of sys/stat.h this leads to the situation, that code uses
> APR_HAVE_SYS_STAT_H although it seems it is never defined. Even some
> files in apr itself use this define. Other files in apr use
> HAVE_SYS_STAT_H.

APR bug

> Is there some policy, when to use APR_HAVE_* defines for testing the
> includes and when to use the HAVE_* type defines?

I wouldn't call it a policy but here goes:  For an APR application, if all
supported levels of APR provide a corresponding APR_HAVE_foo_H then use that
symbol, else provide your own auto-detection which sets HAVE_foo_H and use
that.