On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:58:20PM -0000, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Author: jim
> Date: Tue Oct 13 13:58:19 2009
> New Revision: 824767

> Log:
> More Darwin mojo due to 64 and 32 bit multi-arches. The
> deal is we need to install headers that work both when
> installed and used for both 32 and 64 bit builds, ie:
> at compile time. Uses Apple's own apr.h edits as a guide.

This is nuts, -1.  Set a flag in apr_hints.m4 to force the compiler to
pick a single ABI (whichever is the platform default), or fail and make
the user do that.  A compiler which is building for two completely
different ABIs simultaneously invalidates the results of the configure
script.  You have no way to tell whether any given configure test (now
and in the future) has the same result across both ABIs - you'd have to
check it manually for every single test.

Regards, Joe