On 11.10.2010 18:05, Rainer Jung wrote:
OK, big sorry: it breaks when doing the normal in-tree build, but not
when doing out of tree. I didn't expect the simpler case to break :(

... and it only seems to break on some platforms, like e.g. Darwin. On Linux and Solaris it builds without actually using the wrong paths. From configure.in:

case "$host_alias" in
    dnl ### BeOS requires that ALL symbols resolve at LINK time!
    dnl ###ยท
    dnl ### So, if we're building on BeOS then we need to add in the
dnl ### apr and expat libraries to the build or it'll die a truly horrible
    dnl ### death. We now use the apr-config tool to determine the correct
    dnl ### library to link against :)
*AIX*|*Darwin*|*BeOS*|CYGWIN*)
dnl need such stuff as -liconv to be specified when building libaprutil.la
    EXTRA_OS_LINK='$(APRUTIL_LDFLAGS) $(APRUTIL_LIBS)'
    ;;
*)
    ;;
esac

That logic is really weird, those very general Linker flags should be used on most *nix platforms. Historically it was only there for BeOS, then added because of libiconv for AIX, then Darwin was added and everything was unified for BeOS and finally CYGWIN was added ...

Regards,

Rainer