On 4/15/2011 6:36 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> In order to disambiguate what was released by external entities from what
>> the ASF APR Project has voted upon and released,
>
> are you referring to some apr-util-1.4.0 RPM from opensuse.org, or
> something else?

archive.a.o/dist/httpd/httpd-2.3.4-alpha-deps.tar.gz;

   httpd-2.3.4-alpha/srclib/apr-util/include/apr_crypto.h

to be very specific.

It seems prudent to say 'don't trust apu 1.4.0-dev for purposes of compiling
apu_crypto based code, the API you mean to compile against is 1.x.x or later.
But are users expected to test >1.4.0-dev or simply >= 1.4?  I think we promised
the later.

Before we ship 2.0, we have to introduce some mechanism to preview alpha/beta
features, if we don't want to continue this stagnation through the 2.0 lifespan.
Odds/evens versioning might be the solution, but we should come up with some
consensus before 2.0.0 is blessed.