On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:48 AM,  <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you outline the idioms you refer to that prefer a select()
> implementation?
>
> iow, how different are they from
>
> apr_socket_create
> set socket nonblocking with no timeout
> apr_socket_connect()
> apr_pollset_poll()

That's all serf is doing.  With WSAPoll(), if you connect to a port
via a non-blocking socket that there is no listener on, WSAPoll()
never sends any indication.  However, select() lets you know that the
earlier connect() failed.  Given the pretty isolated test case in the
forum earlier, I do think this is an underlying issue with WSAPoll() -
but enough of an issue, it shouldn't be the default unless someone can
find a way to get WSAPoll() to report failure...  -- justin