On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com> wrote:
> I've explained it. Is the following a bug?
>
> Step 1:
>
>  ./configure --with-apr=/opt/apr-1.4.6 --with-crypto
>
> include/apu.h:#define APU_HAVE_CRYPTO        0
>
> Step 2:
>
> ./configure --with-apr=/opt/apr-1.4.6 --with-crypto --with-openssl=/usr
>
> include/apu.h:#define APU_HAVE_CRYPTO        1

Also, on platforms where OpenSSL is installed in a usual location, you only need

--with-crypto --with-openssl

Why does it work like this?  APR-Util supports either NSS or OpenSSL
libraries (or presumably others in the future) and forces you to
choose which one.

Adding "Specify the crypto library using --with-openssl or --with-nss"
to the "Crypto was requested but no crypto library was enabled"
message will definitely help.

Possibly defaulting to --with-openssl if --with-crypto is requested
but neither library is specified would be fine.