On 22.12.2015 22:11, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Stefan Fuhrmann <stef...@apache.org <mailto:stef...@apache.org>> wrote:

    The problem is that those huge nodes are kept under
    index 0, so the limiter code of r1594729 will not kick
    in if the apr_allocator_t.free array is empty because
    max_index is 0 in that case.

    Also, it would be very nice to port both patches back
    to 1.4+.

If this is not a security fix, I don't see a reason to ship 1.4.n+1
ever again.  1.5.x is the shipping version and is binary compatible
for 1.4.x deployments.  Thoughts?
It is not a security fix IMO. What I meant was that
these 2 patches should be ported back to the active
maintenance lines.

If that is 1.5+, then that's perfectly fine. I was merely
under the impression that 1.4.x still received fixes
but did not check for policy details.

-- Stefan^2.