On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Sean Dynan <seandy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I thought APR defaults to multithreaded on Windowsa all the apr.h* files
>
> You are absolutely right. apr.h is auto-generated by the build process
> so, naturally, Visual Studio totally ignores it during file searches
> because it iasn't officially included in a project. Outsmarted, yet
> again, by Redmond.

"totally" isn't quite accurate.  It is known to the VS project files as
a generated resource, but likely interferes with dependency generation
until you have run the entire build process once (at which point it does
exist and can be scanned).

> #define APR_HAS_THREADS   0
>
> results in compiler errors in
> "apr\include\arch\win32\apr_arch_file_io.h", so I don't think I can
> easily try turning off APR threads in my dev environment. Maybe
> there's a patch for this too, LOL?
>

> 1>D:\workspaces\Unified_3.32_C2.5_V4.8\ADSDK\AmericanDynamicsSDK\MediaKit\3rdParty\3rd_BUILD\log4cxx\_src\apr\include\arch\win32\apr_arch_file_io.h(177):
> error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'apr_thread_mutex_t'
>
> 1>D:\workspaces\Unified_3.32_C2.5_V4.8\ADSDK\AmericanDynamicsSDK\MediaKit\3rdParty\3rd_BUILD\log4cxx\_src\apr\include\arch\win32\apr_arch_file_io.h(183):
> error C2059: syntax error : '}'
>
> and so on.

That sounds like a bug worth fixing for some apr applications.
Certainly not something that would be in any distribution, but
for developers to tinker... why not?