>From http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html...

"Versions are denoted using a standard triplet of integers:
*MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH*. The basic intent is that *MAJOR* versions are
incompatible, large-scale upgrades of the API. *MINOR* versions retain
source and binary compatibility with older minor versions, and changes in
the *PATCH* level are perfectly compatible, forwards and backwards."